I am very in tune with myself - with my physical health and my mental state. Lately, my 9-5 has been just...not fun. I'm a teacher and I work with kids; it should be FUN! Today, I actually thought I was going to have a panic attack. My heart started pounding in my chest and I couldn't catch my breath - all because I was frustrated with my students' behavior. I have a history of anxiety and that is how I know that I need a day to myself to do the things that reduce my stress and increase my smiley fun time.
SMILEY FUN LAUGHY TIME - ALL OF THE TIME!
|Choose Happiness Print from Design By Calani|
So - what do I plan to do with my mental health day? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I plan to do a lot of selfish, satisfying things and here are some of my ideas:
- Sleep until I wake up. No noisy alarms allowed!
- Have a big satisfying (mostly healthy) breakfast - with coffee and coffee
- Go for a long, easy run to clear my head
- Take one stressful thing off of my plate (like attacking the pile of laundry in my closet)
- Snuggle with my dog while watching a chick flick
- Read something not related to work
- Talk to both of my parents - oh hell - go see them! They're great!
- Sing loudly by myself in MY HOUSE
- Write a handwritten letter to someone to make THEM feel happy
- Paint my black toenails
- Paint something else - like real painting full of badly painted artwork
- Bake a thing
- Seriously consider a date with myself: lunch and a rom-com? Lunch and a haircut?
- Cook a beautiful healthy meal for my mister - because he should be happy too
- Go to bed early in clean sheets with a pup and a homeboy by my side