Happy Friday, friends!
You did it - you made it successfully through another week. I hope it treated you well and I hope you're ready for the weekend!
5 Things I'm SUPER Excited About:
1. I bought new racing flats (new version of the same shoe I always buy.) TIE-DYE! I know they're a little bold, but I have not found a better shoe than the New Balance 1400. They are light and super fast - also built to compete at all distances. Apparently, Yahoo agrees - #3.
|Limited Edition New Balance 1400s - $99|
2. I ordered Lace & Race Coffee Mugs (Vistaprint had a Groupon. I HAD TO DO IT!) I thought it would be a fun thing to have around and to occasionally give away. You might get one and then you can think about me all the time. "You ain't no punk" is my go-to mantra when I'm starting to bonk in a race. I literally think it over and over. It helps.
3. I'm a Dirty Girl Blogger Ambassador for Milwaukee! I've never done a Dirty Girl 5K or any other obstacle based event before, so I'm happy to try it out and write for them! If you're in or around MKE, you should come join me - August 17th and 18th. I have a discount for you!
4. My dad brought me a new lawnmower, because he is the greatest dad in the world! As a homeowner, these kinds of things are really exciting. It works like a dream and it gives me a nice little workout! I could cut the grass every day and never get tired of it. Gotta keep those lines straight and tight!
5. I have a WHOLE BUNCH of product reviews and giveaways coming up in the next month - especially for my one year "blogiversary" in August! I can't wait to share all of the fun goodies with you guys! Lunatik Athletiks ZUZA Compression Socks (SO RAD) is just one of the giveaways coming your direction. Are you psyched? Me too.
My week in 5 Instagram photos @laceandrace:
And 5 links that made my day! LINK LOVE!
1. What does it mean to have true strength? - @olivetorun
2. Easy Chickpea Curry with Coconut Rice Recipe - @howsweetblog
3. Running Shoe Shopping Binge - @coreymarie13
4. The Running Bun Tutorial - (made me laugh!) @runningbun
5. 10 Tips for First-Time Marathoners - @ErickaAndersen
I love the new mugs, Michelle! Such a cute idea :)ReplyDelete
haha - thanks. I feel a little silly about it, but it seemed fun. I know the runner crowd is usually big on coffee too. Excited to share the love.Delete
Those mugs are fantastic! And I think those shoes are the perfect amount of bold for races.ReplyDelete
Thank you! I don't mind bold - it gives me a little confidence. :) I'm excited for the mugs too. I can't wait to see how they turn out!ReplyDelete
I love the mug - what a great idea!ReplyDelete
I love the shoes. They are definitely not too bright. No running shoe is too bright!ReplyDelete